Used 2004 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land-rover Freelander - Consumer Reviews

2004 Land Rover Freelander

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:

Freelander
By dhranitzky

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

A joy to drive, handles like a dream, accelerates very well in spite of the V6, and it always turns heads. The only complaint I have with the car is that it gets surprisingly poor mileage for a V6.

Total Testimony!
By TN J

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Freelander had 9600 miles when I got it (Demo Model), and now it has 48756. I've been on long trips of 1800+ miles and Yes I've gone on the Land Rover sponsered 4WD trips. Off-road it's traction control system was 100% soild. In town the ride was very comfortable (I loved the high seat position very comfy on the knees on long trips). If your over 6'0" you might have head room problems.On 09/2004 while driving on a local hwy I had a major accident rolling the Freelander 6 to 8 times going 60+ MPH. The Freelander all things concidered held up great! I crawled out of the wreck with one tiny cut on my face, and minor bruises. Very Impressive!

Favorite Features

Quality built, very comfy, I loved the non-modern interior design. I liked having all the window controls in the center console.

Suggested Improvements

Don't modernize the interior. Keep it different from the norm!!

FREELANDER 04
By D.M. ATWOOD

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

HAVE DRIVEN THE FREELANDER FOR TWO MONTHS. HAD TWO SMALL PROBLEMS RIGHT AWAY WITH A SWITCH AND THE OUTSIDE TEMP GAUGE BUT BOTH WERE FIXED RIGHT AWAY. VERY FUN TO DRIVE, IN FACT THE FOUR OF US IN THE FAMILY DEBATE OVER WHO DRIVES IT.

Favorite Features

HANDLING AND APPEARANCE. THE HANDLING IS INCREDIBLY SMOOTH, ESPECIALLY IN CORNERS. THE VEHICLE GET COMPLIMENTS ON IT'S LOOKS ALL THE TIME.

Suggested Improvements

MORE STORAGE SPOTS FOR CHANGE,ETC. IN THE FRONT WOULD BE NICE.

Great car - Fantastic value
By LALSF

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Landrover is synonymous with quality, durablity, reliance and luxury but, up until the Freelander, Landrover was not associated with "value". That's all changed. This car smokes my friends' Honda CRVs, Nissan Xterras, and Toyota Rav4s. It's a TRUE Landrover and capable of handling real off-roading situations as well as leisurely pleasure rides about town. I would definately recommend the Freelander to anyone considering the purchase of a quality SUV.

Favorite Features

Super comfortable leather seating with the warming feature. Rear seats fold down completely flat for hauling bigger loads. Rear window actually goes down-my dog love this feature!

Suggested Improvements

Would love it if it came in a hybrid model.

Lots of Fun for your Buck
By Family J

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

We went looking for a fun, small SUV that would be easy to parallel park, would handle the snow and would have a more sophisticated interior. The Freelander has surpassed our expectations! The ride is surprisingly smooth. The car in sport mode has a little punch, similar to the X3 2.5, but costs about $10K less.

Favorite Features

Design, ride, fun quality, sporty interior. Kids love stadium seats and cargo net pockets. Rear leg room is better than Volvo, BMW, Mercedes and VW similarly sized products. Car feels solid, roomy and important when driving.

Suggested Improvements

Leather panels on door instead of fabric. Aluminum interior door handles can get hot in direct sun. A bit more power or better gas mileage. Power seats.