2004 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
Don't buy it
By J. Hartman on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I should have listened to the dealer. If you want a realible SUV, buy a Toyota. Not a glowing review from the dealer of the car. Constant breakdowns. It needs new tires and brakes on semi annual basis. Impossible to sell. Word travels fast. Bad car in every way. Extremely expensive and unreliable.

best value
By mainedriver on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Portland Maine to NYC with no back ache, after 10 years of driving several rentals and my own cars(including volvos)first time ever! extremely comfortable on long drives. it drives like a luxury car.excellent all wheel drive. best kept secret, great value.

Be careful!!!
By GAM on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 7,000 miles on a 04 HSE and since I bought it there have been whining noises not heard on other Freelanders i have driven. Land Rover's Regional representatives reply..."the noises are to acceptable standards." My answer...Lemon Law. It is a fine ride. the loaner I am returning right now is superb in handling and ride however mine is not so test drive whatever FL you plan on buying for at least 2 days, and drive it at 70MPH to make sure you do not land up as I have. Also visit the "Freelander Living" web site for more info about potential problems.

GR8 SUV
By Jad on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have driven many cars but this is one of the most fun to drive it might look small but just get inside one of them its great. you have all you need from leather seats to sunroofs to everything .. you even have 2 glove compartments one on each side..overall its a great car

A joy to drive!
By oobatz316 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

a great car to drive. it handles excellent. the exterior has a baja look to it which i find attractive. the v6 engine with the small suv i find has excellent excelleration. leather seats, automatic sunroof, excellent stereo system and all wheel drive make this a desireable vehicle.

My first Land Rover
By NYLing on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun vehicle that has been equally at home driving into Manhattan and off roading at our family farm in Vermont. The ride is extremely comfortable over long distances and you have a sense of great confidence in bad weather.

A great truck and convertible.
By Billb on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a new truck, and when I saw this at the Chicago Auto Show, I knew I found a winner. The Freelander handles great in any condition. It has great pick up. It fits in the city, and can handle the country. The lines are fanatastic. After a hard day, there is nothing better then taking the top off and driving the stress away. For the price you can not beat the value.

Its me, I just enjoy driving it...
By Brian Bisgood on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great SUV, if I had wanted a plush interior I would have bought a diferrent Moel.

Sam's
By srice on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Mazda Tribune, Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape...all same price range, and Freelander has less cargo space, less towing and smaller engine. We chose freelander because of financing options, all wheel drive system, looks and we will not be towing much.

FUN,FUN,FUN SUV
By floffice on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

IT RIDES LIKE MY LINCOLN ON THE ROAD, OFF ROAD IT FEELS SURE FOOTED. IT REMINDS ME OF MY OLD BMW, I ALSO HAVE A CORVETTE WHICH HAS BEEN IN THE GARAGE SINCE THE HIPPO (FREELANDER) ARRIVED. IT COULD USE A COMPASS AND SHOULD COME WITH MUD FLAPS AND CROSS RAILS FOR THE ROOF RACK, BUT I AM ADDING THEM. I HAVE NOT HAD AS MUCH FUN DRIVING IN YEARS.