2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
Very fun to drive
By Andrew Gates on 05/17/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It has been almost 2 years driving this car and I really like it. A few months ago I've notice that the fuel consumption was higher than normal. I took it to the Lad Rover Dealer and they said it was the fuel pump. For my surprise, I did not have to pay for anything, since it was a recall. If you drive a 2004 Freelander, take it to the dealer to get the fuel pump replaced. I also noticed that after the fix, the gear changes are more smooth.

You'll get to know the service guy
By Dave on 01/11/08 13:02 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very fun to drive and is a blast with the top off. The problem is keeping it out of the service department. The windshield wipers failed twice, windshield washer once, one recall for brake lights. The car wouldn't start at all the 2d day I had it & had to be towed back to the dealer, & problems with the transmission. The key is to enjoy it and then get rid of it before the warranty expires.

fun
By De Sass on 06/15/05 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my SE3. Its easy to get in and out of, it handles great and it's just plain fun to drive. I have always driven pickups, so I was a little concerned about low seating, but I sit up high pretty well. I haven't driven it off road yet, except for our driveway, which is dirt and stone uphill, lol. But it takes it much smoother than any of my trucks did, lol.

The Critics are WRONG!
By Stefan King on 12/08/04 16:53 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Critics of this cool little SAV were WRONG. I signed the dotted line to purchase, then read the reviews and became nervous. All of my fears were unwarranted. Performance? Spirited performance is how Land Rover describes it and they're 100% right. True, it's a small displacement V6 which means that the upper rpm range is where the fun is! Leave the shifter in SPORT mode and FUN. Mash the throttle from the light and it zips from 0-60 in 8 seconds. Try this in a Trailblazer. Handling is very good in dry and especially wet weather. It loves the curves and handles them with confidence. Sluggish at times? Top speed was around 125 - left a Tahoe a Navigator and a Civic Si in the dust!

Rocky Mt Rover
By Rocky Mts on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I moved to Colorado from Louisiana this summer and decided to trade in my little sports car for a more snow-worthy vehicle. For me, a single guy with no kids, the Freelander SE3 was perfect: inexpensive but unique, fun to drive, agile on road and off, practical, and (best of all) providing an open air driving experience. I am very happy so far with the SE3.

FREELANDER SE3 WORKS FOR ME
By BRADE1063 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

FREELANDER IS MY FIRST SUV. AND WHILE NOT A LARGE SUV, I NO LONGER FEEL INTIMIDATED WHEN A TRUCK OR OTHER SUV COMES UP BEHIND ME. MY SE3 IS COMFORTABLE, SPORTY, SOLID AND GETS LOTS OF LOOKS FROM OTHERS ON THE ROAD.

Freelander SE3
By Scottocs15 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

All in all a great vehicle. It looks flashy(people at gas stations will come up to you and ask about it), and drives extremely well. The interior is nice, although it could use some improvements.

A great truck and convertible.
By Billb on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a new truck, and when I saw this at the Chicago Auto Show, I knew I found a winner. The Freelander handles great in any condition. It has great pick up. It fits in the city, and can handle the country. The lines are fanatastic. After a hard day, there is nothing better then taking the top off and driving the stress away. For the price you can not beat the value.

Its me, I just enjoy driving it...
By Brian Bisgood on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great SUV, if I had wanted a plush interior I would have bought a diferrent Moel.

all-around awesome!
By ENVfernandez2453 on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

this car is an amazing buy! completely worth your while if purchasing as a first car for a teen in high school or heading to college. it has all the great aspects about an SUV and the luxury appeal land rover adds on. the SE3 model is a sure fire win, with its removable back the car seems more like a jeep than an SUV. overall, very good