2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Yes - sadly I join the masses

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

Yes - sadly I join the masses
By s white on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Today I join the mass of disappointed Freelander owners as I became victim too, of the mysterious disappearing coolant. Well, not so mysterious. Yes - Land Rover of Harrisburg called, the car they sold to me just a little over 2 1/2 years ago -JUNK! I was told I was actually lucky I made it to 110,000 before the engine went. Yes - Land Rover of America told me they had no knowledge of any problem with the engines. Guess employees there are blocked from using Google. Can't get most parts. We were trying to find a rear windshield wiper and rear window motor. Now we know - Land Rover has cut off all ties to the Freelander including parts support. DON'T BUY. SELL QUICK!

Any manufacturer with an ounce of integrity would own up to the problems and make them right. Clearly the Freelander engine has a clear an predictable engine failure. Clearly that failure is a design flaw. Why does the burden of poor engineering fall to the consumer?