2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Ready for some fun

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

Ready for some fun
By allhu on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 5 months and 4000mi. and have no reliablity problems to report. This vehicle is really fun to drive on paved surfaces which is unique because it awesome in a light duty off road roll as well. I recently took it to a local off road park with my wife and we had a blast. The little monster climbed and descended 40% grades. Its really fun all four wheels engage. We were surounded by dedicated off road vehicles (not street legal)and although we did not attempt some of the punishing obstacles they did (self preservation), I'm sure we could have given them a run for the money if we had too.

My favorite feature is that I really enjoy driving this vehicle. Im 5'-11", 185lbs and the seats provide ample support for long drives. Also, I don't feel concerned about getting stuck if I have to turn off the pavement or drive through some mud or snow.

I suggest that the rear cargo space be extended by at least 6 inches. Also the head room in the front seat should be a couple of inches higher.