My Freelander Experience
By sarahjane24 on
2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)
Though I loved this car, it was NOT a good investment. My 2003 landrover had one problem after another. The 4 years I had it, I easily put over a thousand dollars each year for repairs. Land Rover parts are EXPENSIVE. I had TWO new engines within 4 years (thank god for warranty). I also had to replace multiple window motors, a muffler, the starter, pumps, axels...the list goes on. The repairs don't seem like big repairs, but these parts are NOT cheap. Unfortunately, a deer ran into my drivers side and TOTALED it. It seemed insane! The damage was moderate I'd say. But because its so expensive to fix...my baby is gone.
Favorite Features
Drives great in snow, smooth ride, build.
Suggested Improvements
Engine, Starter, Windows. Muffler. (Numerous repairs/replacements needed)
By bioletto
on 12/18/14 07:55 AM (PST)

OMG! This is too weird. I also had a 2003 Freelander and hit 2 mule deer head on at 70mph (no time to brake) back on Nov. 15th 2008. Mine was a total loss but my airbags never deployed and it has always bothered me. Did yours deploy? My gut tells me someone screwed up installing the airbags or they were defective. LR is not telling me what manufacterer was used for the airbags and the rep I spoke with stated that info was private. Tell that to my attorney! If anyone knows of any class action suits please let me know.