2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Many Issues Resolved

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Many Issues Resolved
By MacDoodles on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was only a few days after purchase that a heat issue surfaced, then smoke started rising from the engine. The radiator and thermostat was replaced, all while I drove around in a Discovery. I also noted some problems with engine & transmission performance on the quality survey I received. Many issues I noted were on a list of recalls. All of the lacking components were addressed and ride/drive quality improved significantly. I am sure these have been fixed on many before delivery, being an "early adopter" has its draw backs. Over all, since my initial problems, I am satisfied with the car/truck.

The interior on mine is well appointed and very comfortable. The quality of the leather and other surfaces is above par. The value to dollar ratio is reminiscent of Volkswagon cars. Filled with features often found on cars costing quite a bit more.

I would have opted up to the HSE if I thought the added advantage of the navigation system was worth it. I would love to see a better nav system on future models (screen and better input).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review