2003 Land Rover Freelander 2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - LR is the best 4x4xFAR

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

LR is the best 4x4xFAR
By jahman on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The steering was very tight when new but is loosning as it passes 7k. The salesman and I did doughnuts in a dry parking lot... try that in any other truck. LR service is top notch. It is making some vibration in the rear when turning, dealer says it is traction control, but im not too sure when it happens at low speeds ie: pulling into a parking spot. Overall I love the little Rover. I cant wait to get a bigger one.

Favorite Features

San Fran Package. Heated seats & widshld. Sunshade and Sportshift. Drver side glovebox & thick steering wheel. Roll dwn rear wndw. Trctn Contrl & stylng. Gives the name of song playin on the radio. When the winshld wprs are on and you put the car in revrse the rear wiper activates

Suggested Improvements

more HP for the MPG. Power seats. Passanger side airbag cutoff. Loose the rear spare. Add fog lights. Oh, what good is an ashtray w/out a light? Unless you are on a safari the HDC is unnecessary. Why cant auto start be installed to heat up my seats and wndshld BEFORE I get in it?