2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: I don't think it's luck

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

I don't think it's luck
By happyhippo on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I'd give my two cents on this SUV. I've had this thing for 4 years and at 52000 miles I've had very few problems. I think you here more from people that do than from people that don't and I think this FL is getting a bad rap. It's a european vehicle not a chevy or a ford. It takes a little more care and driver knowledge than US cars for sure. Knowing how to drive and what to listen for mostly. I'll admit there are apparently some inferior parts in some of these trucks and it doesn't sound like Land Rover NA is concerned at all about consumer relations. That being said, I've loved this SUV from day one and intend to keep it for quite a while yet. BTW luck is almost never on my side.

I love the way this thing handles and rides. Tight, responsive and smooth on the freeway. Interior is quite comfortable on long rides depsite it's 'plain jane' look.

LRNA needs to step up and take care of there consumer base better as far as repairs and such or they won't last too much longer. I've never had any problems with the dealership on any warranty service or anything, but service after the warranty is what I believe is killing consumer confidence in LR.