2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Can't understand all the frust

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

Can't understand all the frustration
By Learn How to Drive on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just thought I should give my 2 cents about this car. Everyone on here must not know how to maintain a vehicle because even after buying mine used with 58,000 miles, I haven't had any unexpected problems. People need to understand that this is a foreign, luxury SUV and requires more driver knowledge. You can't just put gas in it and expect it to maintain itself. I check the fluids every other week and change the oil every 3000 miles. Gas mileage is decent for an SUV of this age. Yes, parts are a bit more expensive but this is expected with any foreign vehicle. Personally, I think this is a safe, fun, and reliable vehicle that I am very proud to own.

This SUV looks amazing! I always get compliments. I love driving with the sunroof open. Turning radius is superb; it turns on a dime. Parking is a breeze, too. Stereo sounds great. AWD is a great feature, especially on slick roads. Heated windshield is neat. The rims also look great; very sporty.

The buttons are in weird places and took a little getting used to. Cup holders are in an awkward place but they get the job done. I still don't like the antenna being where it is, but I can deal with it. Seats should be power but they arent. It feels like the clock is a mile away.