2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
Over All, Not Bad!
By flboyinaz on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you can aquire this vehicle at year end w/ rebates, it's actually a really good deal!!! Fun to drive and not that bad on fuel...

Sporty European fun
By beach bum on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive. Abundance of standard technical and performance features. Handling is superb. Dealership experience is excellent. My first SUV. I love the convertable and sporty feel/look. Good A/C - important in Miami. Handles well in heavy rain. Turns heads in South Beach. Easy to drive and to park. Wish I had it back in California.

LR is the best 4x4xFAR
By jahman on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The steering was very tight when new but is loosning as it passes 7k. The salesman and I did doughnuts in a dry parking lot... try that in any other truck. LR service is top notch. It is making some vibration in the rear when turning, dealer says it is traction control, but im not too sure when it happens at low speeds ie: pulling into a parking spot. Overall I love the little Rover. I cant wait to get a bigger one.

Superstylin'
By tifso on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had "Froggie" for four months now and I absolutely LOVE this SUV. I love the Monaco blue color, the handling, the solid feel of everything, the fact that I am the only one in town with a blue SE3. The experience at the dealership was world class - I was taken care of 100% and now feel like part of an elite club. One day I hope to go in to buy a Range Rover, either way, I'm sticking with this brand. But what the hell are they thinking with Ford taurus window switches on the 2004 Freelander SE?

LANDROVER HORROR SHOW
By WEREFOUR on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

HOW DO YOU SELL A USED CAR AS NEW? ASK THE FOLKS AT LANDROVER. THE SALESMAN TOLD ME IT WAS A NEW DEMO/LOANER CAR WITH 4800 MILES,BUT I FOUND OUT LATER THAT HE NEGLECTED TO TELL ME THAT IT WAS PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED BY THEM. THE SERVICE DEPT. ROAD TESTED IT 50+ MILES EACH TIME I BROUGHT IT IN FOR WARRANTY.THE FIRST TIME I LEFT IT, THE SERVICE DEPT. KEPT IT FOR 4 DAYS OVER THE WEEKEND AND WHEN I GOT IT BACK SOMEONE HAD SMOKED IN MY CAR AND BLEW OUT MY SPEAKERS. I COMPLAINED TO CUSTOMER RELATIONS AT LANDROVER AND IM STILL WAITING FOR THEM TO GET BACK TO ME.(THAT WAS 4/01/04).THE CAR NEEDS FRONT BRAKES EVERY 15000 MILES.DON'T BUY IT LIKE I DID. LEASE IT.

My Review
By William Eve on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent small SUV. Land Rover treats you like royalty even after you buy it the vehicle. Fun to drive, great handling. We have a 6 year old and can usually store all the items needed for a trip. I highly recommend this SUV in the small class. The certified used program makes them affordable too. The gas mileage is decent as well. Using synthetic oil is a bit pricey but it does increase engine life.

Fun Yet Parctical Car
By Hanaburgh on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for well over a year and have not once regretted my decision. After test-driving numerous all wheel drive vehicles, the superb on- road handling and true off-road capability convinced me that the Freelander was really the best of both worlds. It is fun to drive, reasonably economical (especially for an SUV), and mine has not yet gotten stuck in mud or snow. Most importantly, it handles the Maine winters with ease, even when the plows are too busy keeping up with the major roads to bother with my sparsely populated neck of the woods.

Nice car but needs refinement
By mattsfreelander on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

For such a small practical car it gets 17 MPG around town...not good, makes us feel guilty. The interior trim is interesting looking but really shoddy quality...the steering wheel loosens the more we drive it...the windows sound cheap rolling up and down and make crackling noises...lots of rattles have started to appear which seems a shame this early on. I fell in love with the car at a car show and had to have one...it has been excellent on vacations and back and forth to the hardware store ...but just a little cheap on quality for the money we paid (24,995 with 5000 miles) and an unnecessary gas guzzler.

Land Rover Freelander
By scherf93 on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I was nervous going from a sports car to an SUV, but the Freelander is not as large as full-size SUV. I feel really comfortable driving it.

Fun little rover!
By Roverdude on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second rover and I'm loving it. Handling, handling, handling! I'm continually amazed at how fast I can whip this rover around the corners. The steptronic tranny helps to get the most power out of the V6 as well. Interior is a nice combo of rugged yet comfortable, and very practical overall. I recommend it to anyone pondering entering the land rover stable.