2003 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: 2003 Land Rover FREELANDER 6-C

2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

2003 Land Rover FREELANDER 6-Cyl. 2.5 L
By Bellap on

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

When I bought this vehicle 3/07. I thought it was sporty and great size. With all the bells and whistles. Soon after buying this found that one of the tires was bad, had to have that replaced. Then found my brake lights had issues. Took back to the dealership advised they never worked properly. All within 1 mo. of buying this. Then recall: Brake Light Switch Replacement Recall Action P004. Which came after 6mos of me owning this. Then 2/19/08 my engine over heated. We thought oh, maybe new thermostat. Nope, the whole engine has to be replaced. Guess what? It can't be found. Currently stuck in a car rental warranty only covers 6 days. So I am SOL. Do not buy this vehicle.

Looks sporty, heated seats. That's about it.

The back window apparently comes off. But it's far too heavy for me to even try. Defroster on drivers side doesn't work properly. Cup holders, everything spills. No pick up at all. Don't put an AKIA engine in it. Put a real engine in it. Gas hog for such a little vehicle.