2003 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
Smooth and simple
By facet on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The ride of the Freelander is fantastic. It handles snow and ice without a hitch. I have taken it through 20 inches of unplowed snow, it did not have any problems. The AWD system works well.

Coolest SUV ever!
By Josh14109 on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The SE3 is Amazing. The whole idea of a convertable SUV is such a great idea. I've never been much of a Land Rover fan but they sure won me over with this one!

Fun little car
By sr11 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

We wanted a little suv as a 2nd car to drive and commute with. With the sunroof and premium stereo, its a lot of fun to drive, no matter the weather. Definitely the best re handling/performance in its group. Gas still stinks but at least its regular. Usual British quirks but overall, we love it. Good news is if we need the extra trunk, we look for our 2001 discovery II.

Ready for some fun
By allhu on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 5 months and 4000mi. and have no reliablity problems to report. This vehicle is really fun to drive on paved surfaces which is unique because it awesome in a light duty off road roll as well. I recently took it to a local off road park with my wife and we had a blast. The little monster climbed and descended 40% grades. Its really fun all four wheels engage. We were surounded by dedicated off road vehicles (not street legal)and although we did not attempt some of the punishing obstacles they did (self preservation), I'm sure we could have given them a run for the money if we had too.

Fun, Practical and Safe
By rigoberto gutierrez on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

On-road and Off-road, It's Impressive.My wife and two children love it too. We do everything and go every where, whatever the weather or the terrain. Smooth ride, low center of gravity makes corner and u-turn smoothly. I recommend it highly.

Great Small SUV
By Spesh on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Handles great for an SUV and stops on a dime. Good looks outside, simple inside, but functional. Awesome in foul weather and limited off-road use so far. Great SUV, some minor complaints.

02' Freelander S-review
By Jerome on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very safe. Great fun when driving off road in the dirt !!!

landrover freelander se
By ronaldassel on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

console box near the gear box, too low need to reach elbow level for resting. and size is small. foot space @ the back seat limited space, trunk space small, compared to toyota rav4 2001 has bigger trunk space. stereo system should have tape player, stereo system not that hi-tech. thx.

I still have money for the groceries!
By ev barrett on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle despite the price is a complete SUV. It performs well and is very comfortable for a 6 ft plus person. Window controls on the center console is a little awkward, smoke occasionaly rising from under the hood still mystifies me, but with only only one recall so far, I'm pleased. Seventeen inch wheels really set it off, and manufacturer incentive financing makes it a deal.

Fun Car but reliability?
By Adam The Ant on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Suv for playing hard! But the reliability of the Suv leaves a lot to be desired. In my first year alone a new transmission and 2 oil leaks expected to be the main seal but dealer will not say exactly what it is.