2002 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: What a Lemon!

2002 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

What a Lemon!
By Amanda Harle on

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car was bought used w/24,000 miles on it. I had the car for three days when the transmission dropped. When I finally got the car back, one of the rear windows wouldn't go up. Driving 3 hrs to the nearest dealership in Grand Rapids, MI, the engine seized. The dealership told me they had to call the factory in Europe to confirm that a head gasket had gone. In the last couple years, I've had the sunroof fixed 3 times, window motors replaced, speakers replaced & the air conditioner has NEVER worked. Now, at 60,000 miles, BOTH head gaskets have gone. The car I bought for reliability turned out to tbe the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. I would love to join a class action lawsuit against Land Rover....

The sunroof, even though it broke several times, and the back window that went down. Being able to open up the whole car made the lack of air conditioning easier to bear.

Land Rover should issue an apology for making such a piece of junk. Especially when all their other models do so well. AAARRGGHHH....