2002 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Nice little ride

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV - Consumer Review

Nice little ride
By devynsdad on

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 Freelander for about a year and a half before we had a third child and traded up to a Discovery. In the time I had it I had one problem with the coolant hose popping, but I was just pulling into my driveway when it happened, so no biggy. We made three 1000+ mile roundtrips in the Freelander, and had no problems at all. In a sea of Escapes, Libertys' Rav4s and CRVs the Freelander is a very sweet little alternative. Plus Land Rover dealerships treat everyone so much better than other makes it's amazing.

The ride and handling are exceptional for a small sport utility. Wet and snowy roads are no problem in the little Landy, and moderate off-roading is a breeze. The Harmon Kardon sound system absolutely rocks! It is the best system in any vehicle in this class.

The interior and instrument panel of the 2002 needed improvement, which was done in later models. Other than that, I loved everything about my Hippo.