2002 Land Rover Freelander 2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My first SUV

2002 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

My first SUV
By jamesr717 on

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's my first SUV, and I'm delighted with the choice! Great dealership, and an even better deal. Went ahead in spite of some lukewarm reviews, and I'm glad I did. It has enough power to get out of its own way. It looks and feels sturdy, and is unique enough to turn heads. The Land Rover cashe is a bonus as well. Rides fine on the highway, and gets far better gas mileage than expected. I get 27mpg on the highway (70mph - Cruise on - A/C off) Interior, even with the leather option, is a bit spartan for a vehicle with such a "luxury" reputation. Do they really need so many "Land Rover" badges?

Favorite Features

Good seating position/driver comfort; Agressive looks; gas mileage; standard equipment; manual shift mode; and the fit/trim quality.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a bit more storage in/on the dash. (no place for change, sunglasses etc.) The steering wheel blocks a major portion of the dash. I would like to see one-touch sunroof/rear window switches. Relocate the hood pull to the drivers' side, and reverse the hinges on the rear door.