2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: No Value For The Price

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

No Value For The Price
By Never Again! on

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I will never buy another Land Rover product again. At 57,000 miles I had to have the engine replaced (past warranty but got it "comped" by the dealership, thankfully!). Now at 58,000 miles I have an O2 sensor that is out and an ABS problem AGAIN! The ABS problem has been looked at 3 other times. Additionally, it has had new brakes at 40,000 miles that now continually squeak. The fold out seats in the back continually squeak and the gas tank door has broken at least 5 times. Now the CD player is broken and we have had to replace the front left headlight (which seems to be a recurring problem with a lot of the reviews I have read. It will be someone else's problem after this weekend!

The body style.

I would invest heavily in design engineers to fix the glaring design and function issues of the Land Rover brand. Gas mileage is horrible and in today's world I don't see how that can be ignored by Land Rover.