2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: My dream car

2004 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

My dream car
By weslowery on

2004 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Im a 17 year old and I have always wanted a Land Rover. I got one at 85,000 miles and by 90,000 we were begging for someone to take it. I loved it but it was way to expensive to fix. First was the front differential at a costly 2,000 and a window regulator 675.00 and then secondairy air pump 500.000 and last but not least the ABS modulator and front right hub. Land Rover was asking 4800 to fix that. We said forget it and sold it for dirt dirt dirt cheap but were just happy to get rid of it. It was junk!!

Seats were firm but nice. Off road or in about a foot of snow it can perform probably better than most anything out there.

Reliability and cheaper parts.
By spike5555
on 07/21/11 17:42 PM (PDT)

Your mistake was taking it to the dealer for repairs. These trucks are actually cheap to fix if you do the work yourself. $20 to fix your window regulator, the plastic wheels break, buy new wheels and pop them in and you are good to go. Front diff is $250. Sorry about your luck.