2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: me and my Discovery (love it h

2004 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Review

HSE 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

me and my Discovery (love it hate it)
By Ken on

2004 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always wanted a Land Rover I have admired them since forever. My land Rover is love/hate relationship. The thing can't go more than 6 months without need for a trip to the dealer, most of the time it is for something minor. My rover loves to gulp gas even on highway trip if I'm lucky I might get 14 mpg (avg speed 66 mph). Ergonomics poor, off road performance way better than great. Snow, mud, water no problem. I purchased it with the older style nav system, which after the $700.00 cost Land Rover decided not to make map upgrade DVD disks for up dating. Great they have rendered the system useless as for up to the date maps and such, thanks Land Rover.

Looks great on or off road, it has both class and rugged looks. No other off road vehicle looks so good has a can go anywhere look and it does. The CJ series of Jeep has the look also. I do not consider it an SUV rather a real OFF ROAD vehicle.

The Discovery should still be made. Improvements, a bit bigger in sizee in and out would help. Get the window and heated seat switches on the door. Disconnect the way the fog, driving lights work. They should be independent of each other with the driver in complete control. Change