2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: Love it

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

Love it
By gpp on

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We picked up an SE7 with a couple of extra features. To accomodate child access to the back seat, we added running boards. To date, the car drives very well with nice pickup. Driver space is super -- at 6'3" my only complaint is with the steering wheel positioning for entry into the driver's seat. Surprised also by stopping distance, which is quite good given the weight. While moving, the car seems to float, giving the imprecise feeling of standing still -- I still have to look at the spedometer to gauge the speed I'm going. I mean this in a good way:. Basically, we love to drive it. Also, the gas mileage in town has averaged 16! Better than I had expected

Wheel articulation -- I highly recommend testing it on an off road course because it really is unlike anything else you can buy. No hyperbole. High seating is great and road driving smooth. Weird but nice: alot of smiles and waves from other disco owners.

Ditch the LR3! Keep the Disco and move the steering wheel up a little (I know, fat chance, but this car is great). I gave an 8 on reliability, but it's too new to know. Note to Ford: Watch corrosive transport by sea; all the underbodies I looked at had surface rust, all preventable.