I Love My Disco!
By Peeete on
2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I only have driven it 400 miles so far, but I am impressed. Coming from a sportscar, I am surprised how agile this vehicle is. Its not fast off the line, but it has plenty of power on the highway. The visibility is outstanding, and the handling is better than two rigid axels and ancient steering should be. The vehicle is solid as a rock, and the finishes in the cabin are WAY better than the new LR3 (oops I mean a Ford Explorer). I admit I had my concerns about buying such an antiquated vehicle, but it functions very well. Sure its quirky; some ergonomics are lacking but the old-fashioned, stately British charm is a big part of its attractiveness! A local dealer to fix it helps too!
Favorite Features
The look, the beautiful "connoly hide" leather interior, and the fantastic visibility. Your friends will be impressed! It laughs at off road encounters (ie potholes)!
Suggested Improvements
This is the Big Gulp of vehicles..$50 a tank to fill it. But I knew that going in. A little tough to get in an out. If your a larger person make sure you fit in the driver seat comfortably.