2004 Land Rover Discovery 4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great So Far!

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

Great So Far!
By Billbo on

2004 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great to drive, you've got "vehicle" around you. Can see the whole road around and in front, others want to get around to know what is actually going on in front of us. Fuel economy lacking, but if that's what you want, it's simple... Look Elsewhere! Customer service at my dealer is outstanding, "Pampered yet Professional". So far I've gotten what I've paid for. Will see this winter and following my first Land Rover Dealer Sponsored "Wheels event" where they help you to fully understand and appreciate the abilities of this true off-road vehicle.

Favorite Features

View for driver and passengers, kids love the "jump seats in the rear". On the hiway, hit the pedal and gives you all you need (even with it's weight). Looking forward to NE weather and heated seats/windshield/mirrors/etc.

Suggested Improvements

Rear tailgate opens to the "wrong" side. Wish it lifted up.The Brits say we drive on the "Sui-side" of the road.I have had a couple of occasions where the front of my stereo/nav display has not functioned. Has not "fully broke" yet in order to find real issue and fix.