2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: A truly special car!!

2004 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Review

2004 Land Rover Discovery

A truly special car!!
By twisties4me on

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great Car!! Most misunderstood car out there. If you're not into having maintenance done then buy one of those look alike disposable cars, do not buy a Landrover. Excellent on-road or off. In 115k miles I certainly have not had any of the nightmarish leaks and electrical problems that I'm reading about, but then, I've owned it since new and maintain it, with much affection I might add. I've never ceased to be amazed with the quality of the switch gear etc. which we have BMW to thank for. The car is as solid as a rock! Stangely enough, for such a tall ride, it also handles rather nicely too. I love my Landy!

Solid build, command seating with outstanding visibility, decent engine that is built to withstand high waters, confidence inspiring when the roads are flooded or simply wet, goes anywhere, awesome rugged looks inside and out kind of like a swiss army knife. All my friends want my car and even strangers at gas stations etc.

There's a reason why some dealerships are called stealerships. The assesment is made based on the utter incompetence and downright dishonesty of the Landrover dealers in South Florida. They couldn't care less about customers as far as maintenance is concerned. Exterior trim clips do have a tendency to break. I suspect it is partly to do with car washes that use pressure washers. Yes, it is a gas guzzler.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review