2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
The last Discovery, the best Discovery
By Paul Gifford on 11/29/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Have enjoyed every moment behind the wheel of my SE Discovery. I feel safe and secure at its helm. I have had zero maintenance concerns and find the dealership fantastic. Would recommend others to get one of the last few reamining.

disco rave
By ljmurphy on 11/27/04 14:19 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned Hondas and Jeeps all my life and now i have the privilege of driving a Discovery SE. It is by far a superior SUV vehicle. Nothing even comes close. I am disappointed they have dicontinued the body style though. It has always been a very distinctive looking vehicle which set it aprat from all the others out there on the roads. I intend to keep mine for as long as it will last. The guys/gals over at Landrover Warwick, RI have really made the vehicle that much more enjoyable. You certainly get red carpet/white glove treatment whenver you walk in their showroom. Thank you Landrover for a wonderful ride!

WOW!, What a Truck!
By 4by4realtor on 11/16/04 15:42 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having a SUV and actually using it has taught me what makes a good SUV and this is it. I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander, and had a 1995 Trooper. I absolutely love my Disco II. I am 6'2"and so have had to learn how to get in it smoothly, but once I am in I am completely comfortable. The truck handles great on and off the road. In fact usually you can't drive an SUV like a car, but this one handles much better than most SUV's. I highly recommend this truck. Try to find one before they are all gone. I got mine for 10K below sticker due to the LR3's release. Best value on the market.

I Love My Disco!
By Peeete on 11/15/04 18:01 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I only have driven it 400 miles so far, but I am impressed. Coming from a sportscar, I am surprised how agile this vehicle is. Its not fast off the line, but it has plenty of power on the highway. The visibility is outstanding, and the handling is better than two rigid axels and ancient steering should be. The vehicle is solid as a rock, and the finishes in the cabin are WAY better than the new LR3 (oops I mean a Ford Explorer). I admit I had my concerns about buying such an antiquated vehicle, but it functions very well. Sure its quirky; some ergonomics are lacking but the old-fashioned, stately British charm is a big part of its attractiveness! A local dealer to fix it helps too!

Long Time Coming
By JakeBarnes on 11/04/04 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've loved the Disco since it first came out and I finally made the plunge this spring. The ride quality is great for an SUV and the styling (interior & exterior) is a cut above. I've only had it for 6 Mos. but it has been maintenance free. The only shock was gas mileage. Going from an Audi A4 to the Disco was a big difference, especially during a time when gas hovered around $2.50 / gal.

My Gasaholic
By DJF4x4 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle is an incredible SUV. I love everything about it with the exception of the gas mileage and the fact it only runs on premium.

We hate our 04 Discovery
By Nothing But Problems on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Rover for six months with 8 trips to the dealer for problems. When buying this new vehicle we thought we would never have so much difficulty. We would not suggest for anyone to purchase one. By far the worse vehicle we have ever had. The dealership has done nothing to help the situation.

disco in alaska
By leebulliii on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my second Land Rover Discovery and I loved it. Never had any major problems with it and the service at the dealership was always great.

Discovery SE
By Orl Land Rover on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new and have had a great time with it. I tow a boat and it's brakes are amazing. The ride is extremely stable, even when cornering hard. Very fun to drive and not everyone has one!

Great SUV
By Skarfy on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The 2004 Disco, redesigned in 2003, is gorgeous. Make no mistake though, it is a serious SUV...If you want a "car" that also has 4WD, this may not be for you. I love it, but it is not as smooth as, for instance, our 2004 Envoy. However, the V8 blows away the Envoy, and the offroad ability is in a different league altogether. The interior is wonderful - love the wood trim and the interior light. The front is roomy, and extremely comfortable. Was thinking about waiting for the LR3, but the Disco is uniquely Rover, the LR3 looks a little "ford-like" to me. Plus a new Disco is an incredible deal now that the model is ended. Much less body roll than you think in such a high vehicle!!