Used 2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

I Love My Disco!
By Peeete

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I only have driven it 400 miles so far, but I am impressed. Coming from a sportscar, I am surprised how agile this vehicle is. Its not fast off the line, but it has plenty of power on the highway. The visibility is outstanding, and the handling is better than two rigid axels and ancient steering should be. The vehicle is solid as a rock, and the finishes in the cabin are WAY better than the new LR3 (oops I mean a Ford Explorer). I admit I had my concerns about buying such an antiquated vehicle, but it functions very well. Sure its quirky; some ergonomics are lacking but the old-fashioned, stately British charm is a big part of its attractiveness! A local dealer to fix it helps too!

The look, the beautiful "connoly hide" leather interior, and the fantastic visibility. Your friends will be impressed! It laughs at off road encounters (ie potholes)!

This is the Big Gulp of vehicles..$50 a tank to fill it. But I knew that going in. A little tough to get in an out. If your a larger person make sure you fit in the driver seat comfortably.

Long Time Coming
By JakeBarnes

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've loved the Disco since it first came out and I finally made the plunge this spring. The ride quality is great for an SUV and the styling (interior & exterior) is a cut above. I've only had it for 6 Mos. but it has been maintenance free. The only shock was gas mileage. Going from an Audi A4 to the Disco was a big difference, especially during a time when gas hovered around $2.50 / gal.

I love the AWD/4WD capabilities for lousy NE weather and the occasional off- road ride. As for creature comforts, the dual sun roofs, comfortable leather captains chairs, and spacious cabin are terrific.

1) The digital clock looks cheap and could be positioned in a better place. Not their design teams best effort. 2) A telescoping steering column with greater tilt adjustment would benefit those with "longish" legs.

My Gasaholic
By DJF4x4

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle is an incredible SUV. I love everything about it with the exception of the gas mileage and the fact it only runs on premium.

Overall look and craftsmanship!

The only change I would make is swap out the in dash cassette player for a single CD and leave the additional 6 CD rack under the seat. No complaints otherwise.

We hate our 04 Discovery
By Nothing But Problems

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We have had our Rover for six months with 8 trips to the dealer for problems. When buying this new vehicle we thought we would never have so much difficulty. We would not suggest for anyone to purchase one. By far the worse vehicle we have ever had. The dealership has done nothing to help the situation.

Exterior,

Fuel economy, Make the vehicle funcion, Use quality when building this vehicle.

disco in alaska
By leebulliii

2004 Land Rover Discovery SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This was my second Land Rover Discovery and I loved it. Never had any major problems with it and the service at the dealership was always great.

Off road ability. Attend the off road events if your dealership offers them.

Just waiting for the LR3 to come out.