Used 2004 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

Serpentine Belt replaced 6x in 1st 6 mos
By unhappy at the disco

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. I have had to take it to the dealer for servicing 8 times in less than 8 months. Six times to replace the serpentine belt and the other two times because the check engine light was on. Can you imagine what this piece of junk will require when it's a couple of years old?

I like the color - it's the only thing I can recommend at this point.

Do you want toy, or a real SUV?
By RyanB

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This my first SUV. I've had a truck in the past, too big and combersome. I had a Mercedes sports car, too small and didn't do well in bad weather. I got spoiled with "luxury" items and didn't want to give it up. I wanted something that was "higher end" but could live up to being an SUV. I bought an 04' Disco and I got just what I wanted. Unlike other SUV's, you can take this one anywhere and not worry about "hurting it". As tough as it is on the outside, it still has luxury inside. The standard features on the Disco would all be options on any other SUV for the most part. So do you want something that is a real SUV, or an oversized car that claims to be one. Land Rover is the ticket

Body styling, nothing like it. Doesn't look like anything else. Color options, again nothing like them. 18 inch standard wheels and a V8. Dual moon roofs and the cold climate package is awesome for those who deal with cold weather six months a year. You are very warm when it's 0 degrees outside

A little more off the line power. Add running boards to make it more accessable to shorter people and children. A little more leg room would be nice. Definitely put a little more space between the gas and the brake. Every once in awhile I might touch both of them.

Land Rover Discovery
By Ted

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. It is good on and off-road. It is the kind of off- roading, while handling good on road. This is one cool car

Full time 4 wheel drive, 2 sun roof, power, and reliability

None

On my 2nd Disco
By Dr Ralph Krutulis

2004 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am on my second Discovery ( the 1st was a 1996 Disco I). This one is #141 of the limited Camel's Cup G4 Series. The machine shows the influence of the BMW design team; it goes a lot faster, a lot quicker, but seems less stable in snow withstock tires. The addition of Nokian SUV tires improves the traction markedly. It was one of the few SUV's that I can put my portable clinic in, and still have room for the kids and their stuff. The fuel milage is worse this Disco (12.5MPG) vs 15MPG on the prior Disco, but it had a smaller (4.ol) engine. I would look at the LR3 next.

Style of the body and the seats. Really smooth 4WD system.

Global position system, better sound on all styles, seriously improve the gas milage.

G4 Discovery
By Doug

2004 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I got one of the 2004 G4 Discoveries and I love it. So far its been a great ride...except for gas mileage.

The mogul technical fabric interior

Can't think of any.