2003 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: You get what you pay for.

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV

You get what you pay for.
By M.M. on

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Discovery and I have gotten what I paid for with both, a very capable on and off road vehicle, with great benefits in the fact that it is weighty and stable. I got out of a Dodge 2500HD diesel 4x4 crew cab into this and was looking for something substantial, and found it in the Discovery. I have had no major service issues.

The "command position" seating is great because you can see almost everything. I feel very safe hauling around my precious cargo in the Discovery and would buy another. Don't get it if you are looking for good gas mileage, that isn't what these were built for.

Command position seating, heated windshield, high roof line gives plenty of clearance for taller passengers. Have never encountered any problems off road, almost got kicked out of a Camp Jeep event because we went right on through a ditch a Cherokee got stuck in. Land Rover the best 4x4 by far!

Would love to have it in a Diesel like they do in Europe. The only thing I don't like is that the back doors are kind of narrow (they fixed this in the LR3).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review