2003 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: Whatever you do keep it awayyy

2003 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Review

Whatever you do keep it awayyyyyy!!
By thesonnyjim on

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I was the second owner at 38k miles with existing warranty paid 16.5k from Private seller about 5 years ago. At first glance I loved the car but after driving it for 6 months, a Nightmare!! The gaskets went, luckily I had warranty but still had to pay labor. Every little thing started to break down, cheap plastic pieces would break off and cost expensive for something that should cost very cheap & actuators go alot. Make a long story short after replacing the rear hydraulics (paid 4k & 2 months in the shop) I took the car to a dealer that took it in at a value of 4700 and traded it in for a 2012 Toyota Sienna SE. I'm very happy with that vehicle. A Land Rover...Never again in this lifetime!

The only thing I like about the car were the captain seats and the idea to go over sidewalks and snow banks(actually going over a big snow bank damaged and fractured the front grill and my rear bumper and dented the muffler). The double sunroof was cool but water was seeping into the car damaging the upholstery, had to get that fixed too. I have more unfavorable things then favorable about this junk. It looks pleasing from the exterior but looks get boring after awhile and dependability is just not there. I had the check engine lights and abs go on all the time.

Everything about this model spells money pit and headaches and stress and irate. There is nothing good to say about saving this model and year it was never a good car. Thank God my troubles are gone!!!