She's a beast!
By RoadRunnerTX on
2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
Overall, I am very pleased with my '03 Disco SE. It adopted the 2002 Range Rover's silky 4.6L engine, and is as powerful as it sounds. Shifting is smooth and quality-sounding. Sharp- looking inside and out. With a skilled driver and without ACE, it still corners remarkably well. Surprisingly quick acceleration - very deceptive at stoplights. :) Plows through heavy rain, puddles and soft sand like a hot knife through butter. Will pull anything you can think of, yet is refined enough to shame the H2. Very easy to park. Looks like a box, but is as nimble as a sedan.
Favorite Features
Unique sloped profile, dual sunroofs, full-time 4WD, canopy windows, stadium seating, ENGINE POWER, "club-like" feeling with other LR owners, courteous dealer, rear cargo bins & tie-down hooks, unparalleled headroom!
Suggested Improvements
Unfortunately, many of the features I love are going away on the '05: sloped roof, canopy windows, rear- mounted spare. Interior controls should be laid out better: I still can't lower my windows without looking. More bass w/the stereo. Less generic dash. Softer seats. GAS economy.