Ruff Rider
By "LANA ROVA" on
2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I'm at 150,000 Km and am finding that every few months I'm having to spend a couple of hundred dollars on repairs. But I absolutely love my Disco! I read all of the reviews out there before I bought it (so I knew what to expect but decided I didn't care). Something about these you either love 'em or hate 'em. Just make sure you take into consideration the high cost of maintenance on this vehicle in conparison to an American or Japanese vehicle. As for the style or ability, there is nothing else like it out there.I hate all of these bubble crossovers. Bottom line I've had my truck for almost 3 years and still look forward to getting inside and driving around town especially in the snow.
Favorite Features
Round head lights, 2 sunroofs, rear jump seats for my boys, rear DVD and third row audio controls, all my bush bars, coloured piping on seats & Harmon Kardon sound system, I love that I have only seen about 15-20 of these trucks in Toronto in the 3 years I've been driving it.
Suggested Improvements
Gas consumption is wicked, very awkward to get in and out of 2nd row seats, difficult to even find tires for this vehicle.I also wish that Land Rover didn't have such a monopoly on maintenance of these vehicles but I guess that's the price you pay to not drive what everybody else drives.