Mirror Image SUV
By samatnyc on
2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I love the truck, but for its oddity. We traded in a BMW 528i for it because we have kids that desperately need space (note to SUV haters: stop legislating huge car seats and I wouldn't need an SUV). The truck is solid, handles very well except for a rear axle hop under sudden acceleration. The controls are unique in that many are reversed. For entertainment, go try out the window and audio controls and see English ergonomics in action! The brake and accelerator pedals are close together-- you'll get used to that. I find it charming, you may not. No matter how you feel when you buy it, you'll have a different opinion by the end of the week.
Favorite Features
The view: panorama out the hood and side windows. It is easy to clean. The kids see more than 99% of other cars. The audio sounds like you are inside a boom box (fun). High quality and durable. Convenient storage. Sporty feel. Rides without beating you up. Excellent headlights.
Suggested Improvements
We bought the running boards for my short wife. The ergonomics appear to have come from an engineering department on LSD. Tight steering adjustment range. You can see the external temp but may also go offroad trying to find the button. That's what the offroad capability is for.