2003 Land Rover Discovery 4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love my dirt demon

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my dirt demon
By Paul on

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am a little biased here, I used to be a sales manager for Land Rover so know that up front when reading this. I do love love love my disco. This is my 4th Rover (98 Disco, 2x 03 Freelanders (his in black and hers in Red), 03 Disco), and I've never been disapointed. The thing about the Discovery is that you have to understand what it is before you buy it and be ok with what it is and what it isn't. What it is: - The ultimate off-road vehicle, go anywhere anytime for any reason. - IMO, tough. I've never had a big problem with any of mine, but then again I do my service and repairs (most don't!) - Expensive What it isn't: - A Mercedes-Benz - Fuel efficient - For everyone

Favorite Features

Thing goes like a son of a gun in every piece of dirt, mud, snow I've ever put it in. I love taking it up to the off-road park and embarrasing the club guys with the lifted/built Toyota, Ford, Chevy, you name it! I really do like taking little side trips off the beaten path, lots of fun.

Suggested Improvements

(almost) Everything I wanted to see improved has been with the LR3. I would like to see a little more power and a desiel engine (please!) What I miss: I wish the spare was still on the back, I miss the muted roofline, lost a bit of the Disco look with the new one.