Dream Car, but not quite a Nightmare
By vgardon on
2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I have always wanted this car and finally bought one in 11/2008. It was already 5 years old, but initially ran well. However, after having it for about 1 year, major issues arose (i.e., O2 sensors went, window motor broke, major ticking noise from under the hood, etc). This car is very expensive to maintain and after a while, it just wasn't worth pouring any more money into it. Thankfully, it has never shut down on me, but I don't think I would buy another one until I know much more about maintaining luxury cars.
Favorite Features
The interior of the car and the features are like no other! I love the standard leather power heated seats, the double sunroof, and the Radio steering wheel buttons! Every car I've looked at since my Rover has not come close to this car's interior! Fabulous!
Suggested Improvements
The gas mileage is horrific, the turning radius is not good at all, and the parts are way expensive! These things should be improved upon if ever possible.
By jerz66
on 04/05/11 05:16 AM (PDT)

I had a ticking noise as well and was surprised to find out it was only a flange gasket for the exhaust.... Had gasket replaced and all is well...

By atldane
on 09/08/11 23:12 PM (PDT)

I love this car. 130,000 miles and still a great car, although I use it as our 3rd car! This is my 3rd one as well and can't imagine not having one around. Agree with everything you said, but what a great vehicle. Have a new BMW, but still drive this thing as much as possible!!