2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
So Far It's Great!
By 3rdSUV on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

picked up my Discovery S after handing in my EB Ford Explorer (had tons of problems with it). While there are less bells&whistles than the EB, my Disco is solid, fun to drive, and feels very safe. Just getting used to the wheel on the back door,makes it hard to see when backing up. But love the ride!

Couldn't Be Happier
By Couldn't Be Happier on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my Mercedes C Class to get back in to a truck (I've had an Xterra, a Jeep, and a Toyota p/up in the past) and this Land Rover has a drive like nothing I've ever owned before. The black duragrain in my "S" model is better than leather, I don't miss the sun roof b/c there is a ample light and headroom, and ride is suprisingly smooth considering the off- road prowess that the truck is known for. By the way, this truck has too much muscle to be referred to as an "SUV". Very happy with it!

Off Road Supremacy
By Jrwjr on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The most capable vehicle in the world. Eventhough its built for offroad supremacy, the HSE Discovery drives comfortably on the highway. Instant confidence booster for offroad adventures. Traction control is the best out of any vehicle i've ever driven. Hard to believe that Ford owns Landrover. Much better offroad handling and Design than H2.

Realize what you've got
By usexpat on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car since 6/03 and it has been the most enjoyable vehicle I've owned. Potential purchasers need to understand what they are buying--an offroad vehicle that has been given the creature comforts of a family car. You'll be getting the best offroad vehicle money can buy, but you will be giving up some things. There are reasons fo the apparent downsides of this vehicle (e.g., slow acceleration... so I don't fly off the side of the mountain!). Bottom line, its a great vehicle and a lot of fun to own/drive, but realize what you're getting.

At last...
By 3stripes on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a dream car of mine for years. Have always liked its unique design and rugged features. Surprised to find my wife likes driving it as much as I do. Toddler loves the view from her seat. You must like British styling to overlook many of the comforts available from lower priced competitors. I love it.

Best SUV I've owned
By chazley on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a 2003 Discovery SE. I have owned 3 Nissan Pathfinders, 1 Grand Cherokee, 1 Cherokee sport, 1 Ford Expedition and 1 Toyota 4 runner. The 2003 Discovery SE is in a class by it self! I highly recommend this vehicle.

D Rover
By demast on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV with unbelievable off-road capability. The only downfall is the poor gas mileage. Would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone that needs full time four wheel drive.

I'm Very Happy
By mcapurro on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I shopped several SUVs and was very surprised at the drive experience on the Discovery. With the larger 4.6L engine and the improved suspension and braking, it performed very well on the road. This caught me off guard in that with the height and weight of the car, I expected it to be a dog. I was proven wrong. Off road it lives up to it's reputation. Dealer experience post-sale has been great!

dissapointed
By J Davis on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Well considering I paid $41,000 for this car I have to say I miss my old RR 98 model. The drivers window fell out, Alternator packed up. 3 sets of brake pads in 1 year. New jack didn't work when tire went flat. Insurance rate on this car is ridiculous and every service still costs $$$$$ for the smallest little repair. Gear train is noisy as hell and people constantly comment on how loud the whining of the engine sounds. Fule economy is amazingly bad and turning radius is a joke for an off road vehicle. Then a dealer tells me that after a year I would be lucky to get $20,000 for it.

Best in Class
By Duke974 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

while no vehicle is perfect, the Discovery seems to be the best all- around of the SUV's. It performs like a tank off-road and a luxury car on- road.