Used 2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Land-rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

Power to spare
By coldbt

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Rugged and powerful... Makes my '93 Wrangler look like a toy. Truly an off raoad vehicle with tremendous towing capacity. Installed cat-back "real" dual exhaust with K&N intake... 20% performance increase plus and honest 20 MPG an trips

Favorite Features

4X drive

Consumer SUV lover
By Jhomefinder

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great midsize vehicle-fun to drive, nice to look at. Third row seats are a snap to use and to pur away. Only complaints are poor stereo sound quality, poor placement of CD changer (under passenger seat) and poor gas milage. Plus, I think they could do something a little different with exterior design, but overall a fun and stylish vehicle!

Favorite Features

Off-road capabilities, 2 sunroofs, interior design/style, drives smoothly.

Suggested Improvements

New body style, better sound system, better CD changer location, better gas mileage, back doors need to swing open wider.

LUV My Land Rover
By jkincaid

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Land Rover. It sounds like some folks have trouble with theirs, but I have had none. I am going on almost a year now with it. I love the seating position, it drives through anything (including 18 inches of snow this last winter). There is tons of room for anything you would ever want to take with you. My Dad bought a 4Runner at the same time I bought the Discovery and is ready to get rid of his car now that he has driven mine. The dealership is great. They are friendly, keep to their appointments and finish on time. Just budget for GAS!!! I spend about $200 a month driving around town. It's a lot - but well worth it to me.

Favorite Features

The seats, safari windows in the back, dual-sunroofs, compartments for everything, off-road capabilities and its abilities in any bad weather thrown in its direction. Not to mention - my Disco just looks GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

Improved gas mileage, lay flat fold- down seats. When folded, the back seats take up a good piece of room.

best 4x4xfar
By supadan

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

bought my disco2 in november and have been thrilled with it every day. Never have i had such a capable vehical. This from a guy who owned a jeep wrangler,bronco and f150 for the past 20 years. took it to the dunes of Yuma,CA.in stock condition and went where no other 4x4 could. Even dunebuggies had difficulty and h2's were left stranded in camp. winter driving is profoundly better due to the incredible traction control and ABS that actually works. As a bonus you can take it to a swanky restaurant and feel as good about it as you would a great sports car.

Favorite Features

The all wheel drive and engine is near perfect for off roading. super quiet interior even at 120mph you can't tell the difference.

Suggested Improvements

running boards are a must and some better front end protection. I have not wrecked it yet but I know it would be costly if I had even the slightest fender bender.

Rather Be Walking
By Rather Be Walking

2003 Land Rover Discovery SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2003 Disc.SE new and experienced problems ever since. Replaced electronic control units in both sunroofs, fixed the driver's side window and front sunroof as they were stuck open, cigarette lighter and heated seats stopped working after 2 months, and gas tank door fixed several times-it refuses to stay closed. Tail lights burn out continuously, back door bolts rusted since month 2 and bolts under hood corroding. Vehicle is very loud. Control panel layout is awkward at best. After sale service was so bad that I would never go back to that dealership. Take a very long test drive before purchasing this vehicle. Can't wait to get rid of mine.

Favorite Features

Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, control panel layout.