2003 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
What a Vehicle!
By William Blake on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new 2003 Discovery. I looked at many other high line vehicles but the Land Rover came out on top. The new design is awesome and classy, yet modern. The interior is great and has every control within reach. Visibility is second to none. I have the navigation system and love that, although I wish there was a screen, but if there was I would have a wreck. Gas mileage could be better, but I surely understand why it is not that great; the vehicle is made of basically solid steel and weighs around 5000 pounds. I am completely happy with my Land Rover. I highly recommend this great vehicle for you!! GO LAND ROVER!!

Fabulous Machine
By polo2928 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It is a fun to drive vehicle with a lot of torque, feels strong and safe, off road capabilities are incredible, you get a panoramic view from wherever you may be seating . . Yes there are improvements that are needed (gas comspt., turning radio, and the key entry to start the vehicle) However, one may get this picky because it is such a great and beautiful car that one wishes for it to be perfect. I drove the X5 and it is not even close to a Discovery. You won't regret it.

HSE7 - Pavement Sucks! Best 4x4xfar
By andyv on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had my HSE7 (replaced my RR Classic) with ACE and SLS and drove already 6k the last 3mos. What a fun to drive, I must say! ACE is great on those sharp corners! SLS off road makes you feel like being on the pavement - bring out the champagne while off the road.

I hate this truck
By ihatethistruck on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Hard to get into, difficult to get comfortable in, slow to accelerate, quirky controls, bad fuel mileage, dash rattles, and, let's see what else.... Oh, too expensive for such a piece of junk. I wish I had not bought this thing.

Take the Good with the Bad
By Charlotte Driver on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The overall look of the 2003, while having only minor cosmetic differences from the 2002, gives it a vastly richer look. Had a problem with the sunroof leaking and had to get the headliner taken off to fix it. Not very settling when purchasing a $40,000 truck. Some features seem a bit cheap, such as the automatic shifting gear. Turning radius is horrific and the gas mileage is as expected for a large V8. If it's the overall look you're after, the 2003 Discovery is exactly what the consumer ordered, but with the great look comes some necessary refinements (don't come out with another design too quick though!)

NEWBIETO THE LANDROVER FAMILY
By JSEA on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

PICKED UP MY NEW DISCO ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO.MIXED REVIEWS TO DATE. OVERALL, IT IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE. ENGINE SEEMS STRONG, AND TOWING A 5K BOAT IS A BREEZE. SOLID RIDE,WITH A GREAT FINISH. SOME ITEMS SEEM CHEAPLY MADE. LIKE THE FUEL DOOR CLASP. BROKE OFF IN A WEEK. THE PROS FAR OUTWEIGHT THE CONS SO FAR. WILL REPORT AGAIN IN A YEAR.

The best there is to offer
By gregger on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle for all occations.

NO LIMITS
By beltran on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Discovery 2003 does have some inconvenient characteristics like the gas consumption and the turning radius….end; Maybe a range rover is too expensive, and maybe a hummer is a bit too big for driving in the city……You want to drive a luxurious and practical car for a nice price and feel UNLIMITED!!!!….Discovery is what you are looking for.

Best Buy
By Shireen on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great so far. had it for about 2 months now and wouldnt trade it for nothin but maybe the new Range Rover. i chose the HSE Discovery 03 over a BMW X5 and Benz ML after driving all 3.

Solid truck
By texasrover on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Had the truck about three weeks and fouind the 2003 SE to be a large improvement over a friend's 2002 especially in pick up and cornering. So far no problems at all. The Disco is fun to drive in the city and hopefully good off road this winter.