2003 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
one of the kind
By cate on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

safe that is how you feel inside this car.yes it is not the best for gas mileage but who care.being safe has no price.off road capability are the best and all the benefit of that gives you the best ride on snow , rain ect...

Feels good......so far.
By Mack1 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Ive had my HSE for about 3 months now. So far I really enjoy the SUV. Im a little reserved with my review because im fearful something will happen to change my entire opinion. I was actually riding from the mall the weekend with my wife and had to sporatically comment on how nice and enjoyable the truck is to drive. I think I used the phrase "its a pleasure to drive" and her reply was actually.."its a pleasure to ride in also"... I guess that sums it up ....

LOVE
By BillB on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

YOU must take this thing OFF ROAD - it is what it was built for - FUN OFF road

She will go where others can't follow
By 03Disco on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have taken my 03 Disco off road twice now (serious mud up to the frame off- roading) and believe even with stock tires she is unbeatable. However, I have serious reservations about the quality... leaking sun roof, punchy cruise control, oil leak, warning lights come on for no reason... where to start and where to end. With that said, she is a blast to drive (when things are working) and with the new design, turns heads on every street corner...

Great SUV/Land Rover
By Kathleen Wicker on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Very flexible vehicle, fun to drive, stylish and modern but with old world craftmanship.

Meets both family and personal needs
By dcw on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The rear “child” seats are great. Their close proximity to the floor allows the kids to play with toys or lay out crafts for the trip. The individual headphone jacks for each are great, especially since the kids can listen to the radio station of their choice while we listen to our CDs up front. My wife likes the neat small things such as the passenger side purse hook, windshield micro-wire defrost and dual climate control zones (she is always cold when I am always hot). I appreciate the high stance, especially in stop-and-go traffic. I also value the extremely capable handling the vehicle has in the snow.

The best REAL SUV/4x4
By j kish on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned Fords for years and thank God Ford has not infiltrated the designers at LR, yet. If you want a true 4x4 with the style and grace of the overpriced overvalued overgrown station wagons such as the BMW, Mercedes, Porche, etc. Look no further than the Disco 2. It is a beast with a Swan's exterior. Rugged, yet smooth as silk in the city. Its small enough to fit anywhere but deceptively roomy inside. I am over six feet and 250 lbms and I fit just fine inside. Elegant, yet VERY DURABLE.

Disco Series IIA
By mistermaher on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Disco and I must say it's been the most complete vehicle I have ever owned.

Disco
By Carl Krane on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Discovery has great styling and stands out in a crowd. This car has maintained a 1960's styling because the design is timeless. This is my second Disco and I am impressed with many reliability improvements.

2003-SE
By Happywife on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife traded her Volvo in for this vehicle because of the body style. She loves the car and likes the ride - she bought a SUV and if she wanted a different ride she would have bought a car instead. The car is fun to drive. Since we have only put 1,000 miles on the vehicle, the reliability is hard to judge at this point. The gas mileage could be improved; however, the purchaser should know before shopping that the mpg will be low.