2003 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
Concerned, Happy So Far!
By paulr on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always liked the exterior design of the Land Rover. I have clients who are mechanics and they said stay away from these vehicles. Therefore I leased my wife one b/c she loves it and does to date. I hedged my bet by leasing and keeping ownership under warranty. I must say I love driving it on the weekends. Lot's of fun, I can't wait to go off-road if my wife lets me. Very happy thus far!

Discovery
By jamesa30 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't had the truck too long, but it is fun to drive.

Don't do it!!!!
By Mini B2003 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was a bust from day one. The electrical system went out multiple times, the A/C drains got clogged (for no apparent reason) and flooded the front of the car, the Goodyears they put on them cupped within the first 10K miles making it loader than a semi. The steering wheel is way too low for anyone over 5'10". This was the worst automotive choice I ever made. Do yourself a favor, look around, there are much better vehicles out there.

Awesome Presence
By Chipawa on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Finally picked up the Disco! 03'SE7- Zambezi/Alpaca. I agonized while considering and driving everything that may even be remote competetion. I believe this vehicle is the best in it's class. It is also the lowest priced SUV that qualifies for SEC179 IRS tax code. Quality/fit/finish look great. Gas mileage is what I expected. I can write it off anyway. although due to great pricing you see more on the road, the Disco still has more presence and exclusivity than the others, I like to be different. I'll report periodically with updates

I love this Land Rover
By chuck2003 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Traded a Freelander for the Disco. Should have bought the Disco in the first place. Don't get me wrong, the Freelander is a great vehicle, but the Discovery has better build quality, more space, luxury features, and feels much more solid. And it almost begs to go off-road. We opted for the 7- passenger version (SE7).

To our Black and Tan, ...cheers!
By decktout1 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

A vehicle designed as if by Architect! Drove it the first week from Phoenix to Telluride, and back by way of the Grand Canyon. With 2 kids and the awesome 2-screen DVD/playstation option on back of both headrests (does not fold down from ceiling in the way of visibility thank goodness!). We all had a blast! Handles great, and has a smooth powerful ride. No downside other than a little more knee room for a 6'-3" driver would be nice. Chevy Tahoes are just for the practical masses. Nothing compares to the Disco if you are a car enthusiast with design taste and kids!

An off-roading machine
By Chris Thomas on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My land rover discovery has been everyithing i have expected it to be. It is truly a fun car to own and drive. It is not only great off road, but its road performance is excellent.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned!
By styve on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The Land Rover Discovery is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned. It spends more time in the shop than on the road. From an electrical system that does not work, to a windshield that breaks without being hit by anything, the reliability of this vehicle is horrible! We drive this vehicle to VT, and have had numerous problems with its ability to handle the elements. We have been told that this is due to the "extreme conditions in Vermont." I thought that this vehicle was for extreme conditions (the extreme conditions were snow and temps in the teens). If you are contemplating buying/leasing one, stay away. There are much better SUVs out there.

GREAT VEHICLE
By TMILES on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

THIS IS OUR SECOND DISCOVERY BOTH HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT VEHICLES,GREAT HIGHWAY RIDE,VERY STABLE IN BAD WEATHER AND NO PROBLEMS.

wish test drives were a 1000 miles
By crashajeep on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

cruise control surge. gear box high pitched whine,both fixed now there worse than they were before.factory says to bad. 5 times in shop