2003 Land Rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:
ROVER
By 4x4xfar on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nothing but wonderful, the new 4.6 v-8 makes a world of difference!!

I like it a lot!
By LaRhea on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I absolutely love and have never owned such a great vehicle. Another great part about the Discovery is how easy they have made it to work on yourself. The back area is perfect for my Dog and he goes with me most everywhere. My last SUV was a GMC Jimmy. To say the very least, this Discovery does far more. The draw back is getting in and out of the backseat and gas milage is a bit less than the Jimmy, but not by much.

Climbs Rock
By 4x4xfar on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for an adventure, this is the vehicle to go in. I have owned the 2003 model for a few months and have gone rock climbing with the vehicle a few time. I luv it!!

8 MONTHS INTO MY DISCO
By JSEA2 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I FIRST WROTE WEEKS AFTER PICKING UP MY 03 DISCO. NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED. RELIABLE , SOLID RIDE, ALL SEEMS TO BE HOLDING UP WELL. DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD GET ANOTHER ONE THOUGH. COMFORT LEVEL NEEDS A BOOST!! A "RANGE" WOULD BE THE NEXT BEST THING, BUT THE STICKER IS KILLING ME!!!!

The Java Giant--Comfort and Fun
By Stuart James on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2003 Landrover Discovery SE in May of this year. We lovingly call it the "Java Giant" based on its size and distinctive Java Black color. The Java Giant is a luxurious vehicle, with functionality, that performs well on road and off road. The improvements over previous models make this vehicle a pleasure to own and fun to drive. It cruises on the roadways and tackles the backroads with ease. The only downside to the Giant is gas, it has the appetite of Goliath when it comes to fuel ecomomy. All and all, the Java Giant is a true SUV, and if it is worthy of the Queen of England, it is good enough for me.

Fun to drive every day
By sbroomhd on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am finding myself driving a little slower, leaving a little earlier, and taking different routes just to spend more time driving. It may not be a rocket but I can keep up with the rest of the traffic. It handled very well on a weekend trip via the interstate during moderate to high cross-winds. It wasn't pushed around like the van that we once owned. My wife likes the fact that she can see the road and traffic ahead because it places her higher than an auto. My 6 foot 3 in pluss sons appreciate the leg and head room in the front and back seats. All in all it is fun to drive every day.

The Best
By Zach is Back on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

One of the best cars I have had the pleasure of driving.

Good Value For Your Money and its Fun
By Schaer on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have now been driving a Discovery Diesel for the last 15 months. The car is fun to drive on highways, in the mountains as in town. Reliability and finishing is great. The view for driver and codriver enhances the road safety.

Concerned, Happy So Far!
By PaulR on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Land Rover Discovery S 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I always liked the exterior design of the Land Rover. I have clients who are mechanics and they said stay away from these vehicles. Therefore I leased my wife one b/c she loves it and does to date. I hedged my bet by leasing and keeping ownership under warranty. I must say I love driving it on the weekends. Lot's of fun, I can't wait to go off-road if my wife lets me. Very happy thus far!

Concerned, Happy So Far!
By paulr on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)