Love my Land Rover
By James Kincaid on
1999 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD
I'm an outdoor enthusiast, and this vehicle enables me to carry my kayaks, pull my sailboat, haul my mountain bikes and go off-roading in style & comfort. I've got 4 grown kids and they all fit comfortably, especially with the stadium rear seating. I love the amount of light & visibility with the dual sunroofs & moon roof windows. I can go off-road by day, and am proud to take out a date in the evening. Issues I've had are with typical vehicles going on 10 years - air springs & radiator replaced. And she drinks more fuel than I'd expect for a compact SUV. But great experience overall - recommend.
Favorite Features
Dual sun roofs, moon roofs, dual rear compartments, sound system, sit above the road, power, AWD, and the Land Rover culture that goes with it. Not too much into image, but I'm proud to be seen in this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy, turning radius (which I understand was addressed in later models), cost of repairs. I plan on owning Land Rovers into the future. Only wish the Disco2 style was retained in the LR3 model.