1999 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: Fun To Drive, but High Mainten

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

Fun To Drive, but High Maintenance
By em on

1999 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4dr SUV AWD

Bought my Disco off of craiglist from a private seller. Has been very reliable, but every month something breaks that is not essential to driving it like: window stops working, auto door lock, cruise control stops working, buttons fall off of seat controls, car lowers for no apparent reason. However after going through a week of flood rains and a freeze - I am glad I have this Disco. Drives amazing under 70 mph (over that starts vibrating quite a bit). Off road it is amazing - on road in bad weather conditions while other cars are pulled off on the side of the road, I can cruise right by like it is any other day. Love/Hate relationship - but at pushing 90K miles - I'm impressed.

AWD performance in wet and icy weather, turn radius, dual sunroofs, jumper seats, road visibility

I am sure this is already done w/ the new L3 - but smoother highway ride - not a fan of air springs either (I'm going to convert to coils)