Used 1999 Land Rover Discovery SD SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Land-rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV

View reviews for a specific Discovery model:

Just bought disc
By Jimmy

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV SD 4dr SUV AWD

I have always wanted own a land rover and when I finally purchased one I was pleasant surprised. I love the comfort,space and interior. I have read good and bad reviews on them. I say if you donít have the money to maintain them do not purchased one. Still loving it!

Favorite Features

Ride , stereo, interior.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage

My Land Rover Experience
By leparkes

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV SD 4dr SUV AWD

I was so excited when I got this car back in 2006. I wish I had done more research on it as it turned out to be a money pit. I'm sure I spent more fixing it than what I paid for it. Each time a part got replaced, something else broke. The sunroof quit working, window regulators had to be replaced, the roof leaked terribly, new brakes were put on, the front differential and fuel pump had to be replaced all within about 2 years of each other. I got the car with 70k miles on it and sold it with about 90k, so the mileage wasn't high enough upon purchase to warrant all these repairs. I will never own another Land Rover again.

Favorite Features

Loved the body style and double sunroofs

Suggested Improvements

Better parts

Don't walk ... run away from it!
By edmeister

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV SD 4dr SUV AWD

There are very good reasons why this car has depreciated as much as it has. It's designed badly and is unreliable. Seriously, this car has been nothing but a headache to own for the past four years that I've had it. I couldn't be happier to have parted with it. Put just 20,000 miles in four years, and the list of things I had to fix and replace in that time is as long as my, well, you know.

Favorite Features

Looks cool. Great in snow. Car thieves know better than to take one.

Suggested Improvements

Hire engineers from Germany or Japan

Excellent
By Von

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV SD 4dr SUV AWD

I'm wondering why the cost of the Land Rover Disc.1 went down. it's an excellent car and has many of the features that new cars are just coming out with. and I think its excellent on gas when you fill it up. I love it. Although I heard nothing but negative things about the car I still purchased it I owe well over the amount that I paid for it but I think it was well worth it..................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... .......................

Suggested Improvements

The improvement for the landrover is that it could drive smoother on or off road vehicle it should still drive smooth... Its a Land Rover.................................. ....................................... ....................................... ....................................... ............

1999 SD...The Best of the Best!
By JT

1999 Land Rover Discovery SUV SD 4dr SUV AWD

Until I purchased this Landrover I traded every two years. This is the best car I have ever owned. I have 123,000 miles and all I have done is changed the oil. I am getting ready to purchase a new car, but, the trusty LR is staying in the garage...I just can't part with it.

Favorite Features

Great styling, heated seats, wood dash, dual sunroofs...and more!

Suggested Improvements

Figure way to cut down on fuel consumption. Owning a gas station would not be enough...you need a refinery!