1998 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: Sold! It's someone else's hea

1998 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

Sold! It's someone else's headache now!
By littlebunny101 on

1998 Land Rover Discovery LE 4dr SUV AWD

Where do I begin? From day one I have had problems with the Rover. Today 12/27/02 I just received my Loaded 2003 Sequoia LTD for $45K!. Rover was horrible! The plastic film over the gear selector, the cup holders, not to mention numerous electrical problems, non functioning brake lights and turn signals, you name it, no rear lights. Many nagging problems you would not expect from a "lux" SUV. Had cruise control fixed 5 times! Why should I be replacing the gear selector plastic every other month for 250.00 a pop? Cup holders 180.00! Worthless!

The Flagship Loaner Vehicle. (Forced to advertise for Rover.) I had the loaner vehicle for the umpteenth time & made signs urging onlooker not to buy. Best time I ever had in a Rover!

1)Rover(Ford) stand behind your SUV's. 2) Dealers stop treating your customers like it is our fault we return for the same problems every 2wks. 3)Build a reliable vehicle. I learned the hard way that you can't beat reliability. Anything but a Rover, people. Trust me.