1996 Land Rover Discovery Consumer Review: Don't Buy A Land Rover!!!

1996 Land Rover Discovery SUV - Consumer Review

Don't Buy A Land Rover!!!
By SteveG on

1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7 4dr SUV AWD

I was totally taken in by the Land Rover marketing machine and believed that my SUV would be the ultimate go anywhere vehicle.Well my go anywhere SUV has taken me to the dealership more than all the vehicles I've ever owned!When your warranty expires plan on spending about $2k a year in service.It is a poorly made and engineered SUV gaining any sales from the marketing machine driving this product.Sorry if this review sounds bitter, I don't want anyone else to suffer needlessly and if I can save one person from buying one of these,I am sure that I will go straight to heaven.If you don't believe me check the Consumer Reports Magazine on these vehicles.I wish that I had!

The service department/ dealership has a nice outdoor design and the free coffee is great. Buy one of these SUV's and you will agree.

Lower the cost per hour on maintenance. Allow customers to bring in the parts to be repaired instead of paying the 100% mark-up on parts. Extend the warranty to 6 years and see if you can stay in business!