A Wonderful 4X4! If one can handle it!
By mattgibson on
1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7 4dr SUV AWD
My 1996 Land Rover Discovery SE7 has been and continues to be a wonderfully enjoyable vehicle! I have put nearly 80,000 miles on mine in a lttle over a year and it has been there everytime I needed it. Its capable four-wheel drive got myself and three other friends out of Ft. Worth, Texas this past Feburary during the terrible ice storm that hit the area and back to Georgia without a scratch while many other vehicles had a hard time. It has plenty of room for the equipment, animals, and friends that are usually found with me. Just a great vehicle!
Favorite Features
I love all the head and footroom! I really love the dual moonroofs on my particular vehicle. It rides like a luxury sedan onroad, and irons out the ruts offroad. With large, 4-wheel anti- lock disc brakes, I have no problem stopping even in the worst weather.
Suggested Improvements
A little more power in proportion to the weight of the vehicle. At nearly 6000 pounds, the little 188 H.P. 4.0L V-8 has plenty of low end torque, but no "pep." A nice diesel would help this little vehicle greatly. All I can say, this vehicle isn't for everyone.