The Buzzard
By johnclark4127 on
1995 Land Rover Discovery 4dr SUV AWD
Absolutely the best off road vehicle you can buy. I've spent a lot of time modifying mine. I switched to scorpion racing springs and shocks for a 3" lift. The difference is unreal. The stock diff lock provides ample traction to get over anything in your way. Definitely check the maintenance records before you buy one. Rovers are hit and miss. If you buy a lemon you'll be repairing it all of the time. If you find on that hasn't had a lot of work done, it's a safe bet that it will last forever. mine is indestructible, but others are not so lucky, so definitely check. it climbs like a tank. Good tires and a small lift will do wonders. I run goodyear M/tr's. You won't believe how much travel it has!
Favorite Features
The superb approach and departure angles! I removed the bottom half of the front bumper with a screwdriver and a small hack saw. It's a mod that won't cost you anything, and will boost the approach angle dramatically. Plus, it looks better. I love the low gearing with the five speed manual.
Suggested Improvements
A little more power on the highway. It's perfect for off-roading, but a little underpowered if you run big tires like I am. With the gearing though, it has more power than my Chevy p/u with a 454 in low range. I love the diff lock, and suspension travel. Dashboard is a little cheap. I'll buy another