Used 1994 Land Rover Discovery Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Land-rover Discovery - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.9L V8 AWD 5-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Keeps going and going and going...
By skiwee

1994 Land Rover Discovery SUV 4dr SUV AWD

104000 miles and going strong. Absolutely no mechanical problems, other than routine maintenance. Take care of this workhouse and it will never let you down. As the Land Rover mechanics told me, this car was "overbuilt". Buying new Subaru Baja, but will keep the Disco for serious weather!

Favorite Features

4wd system, seating position/ visibility, reliability. Ease of maintenance. Quirky instrument placement is unique.

Suggested Improvements

Needs front armrests, Move CD holder from under front seat to in dash. Improve gas mileage.

1994 Disco
By Alice5683

1994 Land Rover Discovery SUV 4dr SUV AWD

The first car I ever owned. I drove it everywhere, snow, mud, dirt and on road, it handled all of it with class. the maintance fees are steep buts its well worth it to have a reliable vechile that can do it all, I have every intention of buying from land rover again, before they were made by ford. After a roll over accident, it was tipped back over and driven home. Great vechile. I recommend being ready for some pricey maintance and sometimes insurance.

Favorite Features

dual moonroofs, center console, diff lockers.

Suggested Improvements

gas milage, or at least more power in the v8

Good SUV
By Waynor

1994 Land Rover Discovery SUV 4dr SUV AWD

THe discovery performs great in all road conditions and is very reliable.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

none

discovery - a solid value & fun!
By discodoug

1994 Land Rover Discovery SUV 4dr SUV AWD

everybody loves this vehicle. If you own one and crawl in and around it you will find that no other road vehicle is built a heavy duty as a rover. Its heavy frame and drive components give it a low center of gravity. With regular lubrication and maintenance I think you can own one of these 20 years or more. I am 6'2" and have enough headroom to wear a stovepipe hat, but turning the wheel is a little heavy for a petite woman like my wife.

Favorite Features

dual sunroofs -= nothing else has them

Suggested Improvements

Rear tail light bulb changes are a pain half the time i pay the dealer to do it.

Excellent Car
By Indie

1994 Land Rover Discovery SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This car was the car that I learned to drive in. With its great visibility due to all the mirrors and dependable steering, I can't imagine driving anything else. After eight years, repairs are getting pricey, but I find that an acceptable trade-off when I think of the times that certain features have saved my life (especially the small blind spots and excellent brakes!).

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, though it doesn't accelerate quickly, has shown great dependability. Its performance in bad weather, especially heavy rain and snow, is unbeatable.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, put the gas tank on the other side (people get really ticked off at the gas station), and there's something funny with the fuses when we tow our sailboat that stalls the entire car.