2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II 4.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Okay, so its appealing, strong

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II - Consumer Review

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Okay, so its appealing, strong and fun
By browngirl on

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My third year and I must say I love it. I do, however believe it is a car that I would only lease with free scheduled maintenences. I could not imagine the expense and upkeep if I owned one. Fun to drive. Kids love it, too. I feel like I could drive right up a mountain. My mother hates trying to get in and out of it. Basically it is a rugged luxury toy with a cute high top tennis shoe body. Given all the above, I am still off to lease my second one!

Favorite Features

Rugged drive, seven seats, compartments, rear music options, gameboy hook up in rear, dual sun-roofs, ability to load furniture, and rear air conditioner, too. Body style ages well.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, easier access in and out. Wish the back door opened in reverse for curb side loading. Seat controls do not work as they should. Better quality materials inside. Better gas mileage and more power. Land Rover should give loaners when servicing these expensive toys!!!