Used 2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Discovery Series II model:

Discovery
By czopper

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck! A little less luxurious than most other trucks in this category. This is my second one and I am ready for my third. Fun to drive and roomy enough for a home owner. Everything seems to just fit into the cargo space.

Favorite Features

Style!

Suggested Improvements

Better handling, more luxury interior features.

Landrover 2002
By 39208

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive. Get alot of looks. Needs more power though. Financing through Landrover oK

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

More power

I Love My Truck!
By KWalter

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven small sports cars for almost 30 years. After a mid-life crisis I decided to buy a vehicle that is large enough to live in. It is heavy, luxurious and the only vehicle I've ever owned that I don't mind driving in the rain. Yes it's slow getting up to speed but after you're there it just goes. (I still have my sports car but the 'Beast' is much more fun to drive.)

Favorite Features

The running boards (an add-on item from Atlantic British)and the cargo area - wow!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Land Rover: no excuses necessary
By S Rice

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SD 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

A great 4WD vehicle, no excuses or apologies accompany this truck. Plenty of power on tap, build quality and fit and finish are excellent. Full time AWD/4WD systems takes to all driving surfaces without user input. My SD model has all the needed accesories such as dual digital climate control, electric seats, windows, and remote locks standard. I did add a towing hitch, which is standard on the SE. Very solid feeling during driving and manuevering, not at all sloppy. Rear seats fold easily to expand cargo room.

Favorite Features

Rugged, high build quality. Interior and exterior styling. Go anywhere capability. Hi-durability frame and suspension including forged control arms, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroofs could be a little larger. Directional map lamps in place of front dome light. Include recovery points on front. Use advanced door hinge to allow doors to open to 90. Low pressure Supercharger option for V8.

A Real SUV
By naaziz

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just traded in my Grand Cherokee for the Discovery. If you want a "wannabe" SUV, get a Jeep (Do not believe their ads-Jeep version of 4X4 means that the wheel with least/no traction gets all the power and spins while others stay put---calling Discovery to the rescue) or a Ford. If you want a real SUV that performs well in the City but can take you places where others are afraid to go, Discovery is a must have. Unique looks are an added bonus.

Favorite Features

Off road capabilities. I go to Hollister Hills all the time and feel very secure and at ease (in the Jeep, it always felt as if it will roll over)

Suggested Improvements

Engine. Land Rover is still using an engine which dates back a few decades I wish BMW had re-engineered the Discovery and put one of their own engines prior to selling Land Rover to Ford. Smoother & more powerful engine will be a welcome change.