My 2001 Land Rover Disco II LE7
By Rick R on
2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 8cyl 4A)
I'll keep this short. If you're looking for nearly the best vehicle off-road, this is your truck. However, if you have more money, you should seek a Range Rover. Whatever type of Land Rover vehicle you own, make sure your wallet can handle it. With expensive repairs (My front cup-holders were $73 to have replaced), poor gas mileage and a "boxy" body, it can cause quite a dent in your finances. All and all, if you have the money and want a vehicle that you can "show off" by being different, this is a great choice.
Favorite Features
ALL of the offroading features... Hill Decent Control, height controlled Air Ride Suspension, all wheel drive system, high and low range gears, etc., etc. The dual sunroof's, the awesome noise from the exhaust, the leather seating, the wood trim, the the "LE" edition which I own, etc.
Suggested Improvements
More torque & horsepower while getting better gas mileage. Come on Ford, get it together here! I don't mind the entry and egress, it's something a set of running boards can easilly deal with. Besides the rear "door" or "gate" making noises I don't have many problems!